ADSM-L

Re: COPY_POOL REORG

2004-04-15 05:26:54
Subject: Re: COPY_POOL REORG
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:25:39 +0200
Hi,

Do a move nodedata from=orginal_copypool on thoose clients to 'new'
original_copypool volumes and then delete the new volumes..

//Henrik

                    Christoph Pilgram
                    <[email protected]        To:     ADSM-L
AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    LHEIM.COM>                                   cc:     (bcc:
Henrik Wahlstedt)
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"           Subject:
COPY_POOL REORG
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    2004-04-14 16:36
                    Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hi all,

A question about reorganisation of copy_pool.
We have only one copy_pool for all our clients (about 200
unix/w2k/vms/novell-clients). The data of the copy_pool are on our second
TSM-server, the connection runs via server-to-server virtual volumes.
Now we want to split the copy_pool. There is no problem to make a second
copy_pool for e.g. VMS and W2K, all data of primary pools go to the second
copy_pool (so we have the data now three times).
Is there any possibility to delete the data of the VMS and W2K-Clients from
the first copy_pool ?

Thanks for help

Chris

this message.