ADSM-L

Third stgpool question

2004-04-14 17:33:43
Subject: Third stgpool question
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:03:12 -0500
Is it possible to copy specific node data to a third storage pool?

I know I can copy the complete tapepool or copypool over to the third
storage pool. And I also know that I can make a new backup of the data and
direct it to the new storage pool through a new management class. Are these
my only two options?

We are trying to make another copy of specific data (databases) and send
them to another (a second offsite) location.

I am running TSM 5.1.6.3 on Win2K with DRM, we are NOT using collocation.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Mark Bertrand