ADSM-L

Node move to another TSM server

2004-04-08 13:49:49
Subject: Node move to another TSM server
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:49:14 -0400
Hello all!

I had moved a dozen nodes from a test to a production TSM server.  They
received the default management class for backups which should expire in 60
days.  The only thing that changed on the node was where the server would
be backing up to through the servername and tcpip server address.  What I
am wondering is why is there still data on the test TSM server and if I
have to export/import the data, does anyone have a detailed plan or method
to do this?  From what I understand when you export data directly to
another server you have to define each server as another server and it just
copies the data over to the other server?  Also, if the managment classes
aren't the same on each system, how do you define what management class the
data receives on the new server?  I am working with 2 z/OS 1/4 TSM servers
at 5.1.8.3.  Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Have a nice Easter everyone!

Joni