ADSM-L

Deletd files question

2004-04-07 04:52:01
Subject: Deletd files question
From: Henrik Hansson <henrik_hansson AT ALBINT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:51:31 +0200
hi fellow tsm'er

I've a question regarding the archive part of tsm and how it treat deleted
files.

I've got the following settings for my backup mgmt class

 Versions Data Exists                                 28

 Versions Data Deleted                                1

 Retain Extra Versions                                28

 Retain Only Version                                  28

 Copy Mode                                            MODIFIED

Lets say a user creates a file the day after a monthly archive is done. 31
of March
5 days later the user delete the file again. 5:ths of April
A new monthly archive is run on 30:th of April
The user comes back and want the delted file back on the 10:th of May.
Is that possible ?

As we keep one copy of deleted files in the backup and keep it for 28 days.
Does that mean that when we do an Archive do the archive also store the
deleted files within the 28 days or not.

My gut feeling is that the archive doesen't and that the file is gone.

Med Vänlig Hälsning/ Best Regards
Henrik Hansson
Albany Doors Systems
IS Department