ADSM-L

Options when a 2 process backup stg from script has 1 process die

2004-04-06 13:57:31
Subject: Options when a 2 process backup stg from script has 1 process die
From: "Ballard, Danielle" <DBallard AT ARDC.MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:56:24 -0500
I have a script that starts a 2 process backup stg on my disk to tapepool.
Sometimes a deadlock will happen and one of the processes will die.  It
takes too long to complete the backup with only 1 process running.   Since
the backup stg command is inside a script, if I cancel the last running
backup stg process the next commands in the script fire.  I have to cancel
these until the script completes and then restart the script.  This script
is similar to many I have seen posted.  It runs all the daily processing  -
backup stg on the pools, move drm, backup db, etc.  lots of steps I want to
keep in sequence.

Is there a way to cancel a whole script maybe?
Is there anyway to start another backup stg process when one is already
running?

Are there any other options I am missing?

Any suggestions appreciated.

> Thank you,
>   Danielle C. Ballard
>
> AIX Administrator
> Mercy Information Services
> Desk:  479-314-4719
> Pager: 479-415-2310
> Email: dballard AT ardc.mercy DOT net

This email contains information which (a) may be PROPRIETARY in NATURE OR
OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the addressee, or the
person responsible for delivering this to the addressee(s), you are hereby
notified that reading, copying, or distributing this email is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
immediately.