ADSM-L

Re: Multithreaded session writes on tape although primary pool is on disk ...

2004-04-05 08:36:15
Subject: Re: Multithreaded session writes on tape although primary pool is on disk ...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:35:48 -0400
>Since I increased this resourceutilization parameter, it looks like the
>client regularly sends it's backups directly to tapelto1_aix ...

This is a classic situation where the disk pool is undersized relative to
demand:
it fills (perhaps helped along by stpool caching overhead) and TSM rules have
the
data go to the next stgpool in the hierarchy.  Transaction sizing and
client-server
size anticipations are also factors.  The cure is to have a generous disk
storage
pool, unless you can identify other contributing factors in your configuration
(compression, etc.).  Disk is cheap, so go for it.

  Richard Sims