ADSM-L

Re: vaulting primary storage pool volumes

2004-04-03 10:50:04
Subject: Re: vaulting primary storage pool volumes
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 07:49:23 -0800
Again, if you set the reuse delay to 1 day and then run a move data you will
see that the tapes go to pending once the data is moved.  If you update the
access to unav, then they will go empty and stay that way until you update them
to readw.  This is a way for you to test without having to wait 8 days.

Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET> wrote:
That seems to be the issue. When these primary pool volumes contain no data,
TSM immediately returns them to scratch. Even though I had them as
ACC=UNAVAIL. Then when I did the Q VOL STG=PRODIFX* STATUS=EMPTY I got
nothing. They had already transitioned through the EMPTY status back to
scratch.

According to the admin ref. on the MOVE MEDIA commands, the tapes managed by
this command will transition to the EMPTY status and remain there as long at
they are MOUNTABLENOTINLIB. At least that's my hope. I won't really know
until the 8-day retention on the data happens.

Bill Boyer
"I saw screens of green, red messages too, then came blue, shubidu
And i think to myself, what a wonderful world" - ??