ADSM-L

Windows TSM server and sharing 3494 ATL across SAN

2004-04-02 13:31:52
Subject: Windows TSM server and sharing 3494 ATL across SAN
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:32:11 -0500
Is this a workable configuration ?

So far, all of my attempts at making this work, say it isn't.

The major problem is that as soon as I enable the 3494/3590E1A drives on
the Windows box (2003), I start getting "drive inaccessibilty" failures on
the AIX TSM server.  The SAN connection is via Qlogic 2342 cards.

I realize this is the Microsoft way (you will be
assimilated..............resistance is futile......;--)   ).

Before I trash this attempt and install RedHat AS 2.1 (or will AS 3 work
for TSM on Linux), does anyone such a configuration that actually works
and "plays nice"!