ADSM-L

SV: GroupWise backup

2004-04-01 14:53:44
Subject: SV: GroupWise backup
From: "Hougaard.Flemming FHG" <FHG AT KMD DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:53:21 +0200
Hi all

First of all... Kevin - have you ever restored anything???? You will most
likely fail.... you can't backup Post Offices online! There is a reason to the
fact, that Novell implemented GWTSA.NLM.

It's possible to backup the domain... correct! Solution stated by Novell is to
use the DBBACKUP.EXE - only drawback on this, is the workstation needed to use
it!

There is a OFM from StBernard... Novell won't recommend it (we have some
problem for the time being), and StBernard and Novell can't seem to agree to
which files is neccessary to back up... I'll keep you posted!

In fact.... IBM/Tivoli could make a whole lot of campers happy if the pulled
their thumbs out of their behind and implemented support for GWTSA.NLM!!!

Regards
Flemming
CNE