ADSM-L

retryperiod for DMZ server

2004-04-01 09:19:08
Subject: retryperiod for DMZ server
From: "Levi, Ralph" <RLevi AT HESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:18:27 -0500
I have a W2K client running TSM 5.1.6 located in a DMZ.  We open our TCP
port for a given time period for the client to send its incremental to
the TSM server.  After the port is closed I get the expected ANS1017E
Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure except that I have coded a
retryperiod in my dsm.opt file for 20 minutes and the client is retrying
every 5 minutes.  The confusing thing is that if I restart the TSM
scheduler it syncs to the 20 minute interval.  It just reverts back to
the 5 minute interval after the incremental completes and the window
shuts down.  Has anyone seen this before?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Ralph