ADSM-L

Re: Month End Strategies (TDP for Exchange)

2004-03-30 18:32:28
Subject: Re: Month End Strategies (TDP for Exchange)
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:32:17 -0600
PSTs increase the overall backup significantly. The PSTs could be 5 - 10
times the size of the exchange infostore.

We do use our long term backups regularly and have run into a number of
problems using the whole DB. OS level of the restore server, SP level of
exchange, log file problems on the starting of the IS and very long restore
times for 40Gb db from DLT7000. A lot of things can happen over a three year
retention period.

Backing up the PSTs may be a decent idea if your DBs are not that large or
you can spare the space.

Duane