ADSM-L

Re: TSM linux client in the DMZ

2004-03-29 11:46:16
Subject: Re: TSM linux client in the DMZ
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:42:42 +0200
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:17:30 +0200
Dan Sveen Olsen <dan.olsen AT NO.THALESGROUP DOT COM> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I have a problem with a linux server in our DMZ. The backup server
> must communicate with the client through a firewall and I have opened
> up port 1501 to the client. However, the

did you also open port 1500 for communications from the client to the
server?

> server is unable to backup the client because the client ain't
>listening on port 1501, even though it is configured to do so. I use
>the following settings:
>
> dsm.sys:
> servername backup
>         nodename                ftp
>         passwordaccess          generate
>         tcpserveraddress        10.1.0.6
>         schedmode               prompted
>         tcpclientport           1501
>         sessioninitiation       serveronly
>         exclude                 '/.../core'
>         exclude                 '/.../cache/.../*'
>         exclude.dir             '/tmp'
>         exclude.dir             '/var/cache'
>
> dsm.opt:
> servername backup

do you run 'dsmc sched' or 'dsmcad' if the latter, include the
appropriate 'managedservices schedule' in your dsm.sys.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams