ADSM-L

Re: TSM, Solaris and Fibre connected drives ?

2004-03-29 11:45:23
Subject: Re: TSM, Solaris and Fibre connected drives ?
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:41:52 -0800
We're doing exactly the same thing now only we're on TSM 5.2.2.1.  Just
finished some preliminary testing.  TSM still uses the /dev/rmt/*st entries for
the drives.  There are two "st" entries for each drive being they have two
fiber ports.  We had some issues with our fiber cards not supporting the drives
- we went from Qlogic to Emulex and don't have any issues now.  Other than that
it was pretty straightforward.  Once you have defined a drive and a path, you
can see the wwn and trace that back to the drive to come up with a matrix so
you  know which "st" entry belongs to each drive.

Luke