ADSM-L

Re: 3582-driver installation steps on Win2k server (TSM v5.2.2) T hanks!!!!!!!!

2004-03-25 12:07:56
Subject: Re: 3582-driver installation steps on Win2k server (TSM v5.2.2) T hanks!!!!!!!!
From: "Chandrashekar, C. R. (Chandrasekhar)" <cr.chandrashekar AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:53:00 +0530
Thanks Thomas,

I finally completed installation of library as follows:

Fresh installation of TSM v5.2.2.0 with 3582L23 Gen2 drives,

Device Drivers(5.0.6.7)used :

IBM 3582LTO Library.
IBM ULT3580-TD2 SCSI Sequential Device ( "for Tivoli Storage Manager" ).

Disabled changer0 on Windows RSM. (unchecked enable library).
Disabled all drives on RSM.

TSM library:

DEFINE LIBRARY 3582 LIBTYPE=SCSI SERIAL="0000013022081000" SHARED=NO
DEFINE DRIVE 3582 3580D1 ELEMENT=257 ONLINE=Yes WWN="500308C13D2C0006"
SERIAL="1110007877"
DEFINE DRIVE 3582 3580D2 ELEMENT=257 ONLINE=Yes WWN="500308C13D2C0003"
SERIAL="1110008214"
DEFINE PATH TERHITTSM1 3582 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=LIBRARY DEVICE=lb0.1.0.4
ONLINE=YES
DEFINE PATH TERHITTSM1 3580D1 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=DRIVE LIBRARY=3582
DEVICE=mt0.0.0.3 ONLINE=YES
DEFINE PATH TERHITTSM1 3580D2 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=DRIVE LIBRARY=3582
DEVICE=mt0.0.0.4 ONLINE=YES

Thanks for you valuable information, which help me to install tape library
sucessfully.

Thanks,
CRC,

C.R.Chandrasekhar.
Systems Analyst.
Tivoli Certified Consultant (TSM).
TIMKEN Engineering & Research - INDIA (P) Ltd., Bangalore.
Phone No: 91-80-5536113 Ext:3032.
Email:cr.chandrashekar AT timken DOT com.