ADSM-L

Re: need help!! long time archiving and storing corresponding systemstatus

2004-03-24 12:43:07
Subject: Re: need help!! long time archiving and storing corresponding systemstatus
From: TSM <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:27:13 +0100
hello Doug,

thank you for your comment, using ntbackup was one of our suggestions to
solve this problem.
in my opinion the solution with ntbackup will work, but the customer don't
want to have it.

what about generating backupsets instead of archiving the data. is it
possible to restore a complete server
with a backupset?

            the problem will be the large amount of tapes for the
backupsets.

one of our (bad) ideas is to have 5 tsm nodes on every server  to make the
backup of c: and systemobjects and archiving
the data.

every help is welcome!

with best regards

stefan savoric