ADSM-L

Re: GIGE connectivity via TSM

2004-03-23 11:36:07
Subject: Re: GIGE connectivity via TSM
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:35:23 -0500
I have followed this discussion this morning.  There is another point
that I didn't see anyone mention.  If you have or can install a 2nd
NIC in your TSM server, then assign that NIC an IP address that
is on same subnet as the NIC in your client.  On the client in the
dsm.sys (or dsm.opt for other platforms) for the TCPServeraddress,
use that 2nd TSM server IP address.

I believe you don't need to set TCPClientaddress on clients in this case
as client will route out correct NIC by normal routing and TSM server
responds back on same for same reason.

You can do that for other clients as well.  Don't have to setup routing
tables etc.

Just another option.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> joseph_wholey AT ML DOT COM 03/23/04 10:28AM >>>
This should be an easy one for most...  I have a Solaris client running TSM
v5.2.  It will be getting a GIGE card.  What is the best/recommended way to
ensure data is traversing the GIGE card (in both
directions... outbound/inbound) if it is not set up as the default NIC on the
client.  thx.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose,
copy, retain or redistribute it.

Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.
     <http://www.ml.com/email_terms/>

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.