ADSM-L

AW: 3582-driver installation steps on Win2k server (TSM v5.2.2)

2004-03-22 08:13:10
Subject: AW: 3582-driver installation steps on Win2k server (TSM v5.2.2)
From: "Bleicher, Thomas" <bleicher AT NETZLINK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:11:41 +0100
> Hi TSM Guru,
>
> Can any one help me sharing the steps to installation of
> device drivers for 3582 Tape library with 2 LTO drives
> on TSM v5.2.2  on win2k server connected through SAN
> Switch, And how to remove it from local windows Removable
> Storage.
>
> Thanks,
>
> chandrasekhar.c.r

Important detail: TSM 5.2.2 does not support the 3582
libraries. You can use drivers form the 5.1.8 release
instead. I'm not sure if this has the programmer's
blessing but it work for me on Windows 2003.

2003 has another device driver layer than 2000 but
I hope the steps below will help you anyway.

You need to have the SAN set up (HBA and drivers etc.)
correctly. You should see your drives and the changer
in the device manager.

Install device drivers for the drives from the FTP-site.
You don't need to install the driver for the library.

Install TSM 5.2.0 and update to 5.2.2. I installed the
TSM device drivers as well. Downgrade to or install the
device drivers from a late 5.1.* version. I used a patch
for 5.1.8 and installed only the drivers during the setup.

TSM could access the library and the drives afterwards.

HTH,
Thomas Bleicher
Netzlink Informationstechnik GmbH