ADSM-L

Re: Recovery of deleted filespaces

2004-03-17 15:44:54
Subject: Re: Recovery of deleted filespaces
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:43:42 -0700
        Hmm, not unless you have a previous copy of the TSM database
that knows where all the data was located.

        Even then, you will need to restore the DB to get to it. So...
you either build up a second TSM server instance (on the same hardware)
or roll back your production TSM server to the previous version and lose
the data backed up since that DB backup.

        Either way, it is not pretty nor fun. Hence the, "This data is
unrecoverable. Are you ~sure~ you wanna nuke it?" message when you
delete the filespace.

        If the customer will not take "Sorry I goofed, it's gone" as an
excuse, you have a bunch of work ahead of you to get it back.

Ben