ADSM-L

Re: AW: TSM Scheduling - a lingusitic subthread

2004-03-11 00:57:11
Subject: Re: AW: TSM Scheduling - a lingusitic subthread
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:52:45 +0200
Hi Juraj,

I know that you know how schedules work - I've seen your replies on the
list - always
accurate - not a problem in that area - it was not aimed specifically at
you - it was more taking into consideration how TSM works - nothing to do
with lingusitics - I assumed that a person who works with TSM would have
noticed that the schedule actually did not kick off at all or that it kicked
off later than expected(which I assumed was what Mike observed).

But it is also like they say - Assumption is the mother of all .........

Cheers
Christo

Hi christo,

I know very well about how schedules work :-)
I asked you a linguistic question.
I try to be more precise:

My understanding of Mike´s sentences per se is:
The schedules did not run untill 02:41.
The schedules may have run later,
but Mike is either not sure about or not exact at this point.

Your understanding is: the schedules did run at 02:41.
Is this fully clear from Mike´s sentences?
Or is this a conclusion from the sentence as written PLUS
your assumption based on your general TSM knowledge,
while the english sentence alone,
without using TSM knowledge to transform syntax into semantics
would result into my version?

:) Juraj