ADSM-L

LTO Media Question

2004-03-10 20:07:26
Subject: LTO Media Question
From: Debbie Lane <Debbie.Lane AT INTERMEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:11:55 -0800
<snip>We have a protracted problem with our 4560 library / Ultrium 1 tape =
drives after 8 months of faultless performance. IBM are blaming tapes.
Anybody has experience in using IMATION Ultrium 1 for LT0 tapes? Bad one in
particular. I would love to hear from you .,... <snip>

We are experiencing anr8950w errors on some Imation LTO2 tapes.  This is in
an ADIC I2000 Library with Ultrium 2 (vendor IBM) tape heads.  I am working
with Imation and ADIC to resolve this.    I would also be happy to hear from
anyone who has already solved this type of issue.  Our microcode level is
3AY4.  The tape heads passed extensive diagnostics.
ANR8950W Device mt1.5.0.4, volume 000205 has issued the
following Warning TapeAlert: The cartridge is not
data-grade. Any data you write to the tape is at risk.
Replace the cartridge with a data-grade tape.

Thank you,  --Deb