ADSM-L

Re: LTO Tape Question

2004-03-10 13:30:56
Subject: Re: LTO Tape Question
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:30:19 -0500
Kelli,

If David's suggestion (checkout libv libname 000005 checkl=n rem=n) does
not help, I would suggest looking at the L700 web page (hope you have it
installed!)  I can tell you what , if anything is in slot XXX.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Jones, Kelli"  |
|         |           <JonesK@CHESTERF|
|         |           IELD.GOV>       |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM: |
|         |           Dist Stor       |
|         |           Manager"        |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           T.EDU>          |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           03/10/04 11:13  |
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "ADSM: Dist  |
|         |           Stor Manager"   |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                    |
  |cc:

  |        LTO Tape Question
                                                             |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

TSM 5.1.7.0
AIX 5.0
STK L700 Library
IBM LTO Drives

I have a volume (000005) that is giving me a fit!   Somehow, during library
servicing ( I think), volume was removed from library.  The volume contains
a small amount of data, but contains data none the less.  There are no read
or write errors.  However, when I attempt to check it back in (I have used
the search=bulk command, I have named the volume, etc, etc) it fails with
an ANR8942E.  The message sometimes states: 'Cannot move volume NOT KNOWN
from slot 10 (cap) to clot XXX' - (the slot # varies) but it also sometimes
says: 'Cannot move volume 000005 from slot 10 to slot XXX'.   I have run
audits and I have tried labeling it (overwrite=no), I have tried moving the
data (which fails because it needs the volume to be checked in and it can't
be checked in!)  Of course, auditing the volume doesn't work for the same
reason.

I am probably missing something very simple I'm sure but I just can't put
my finger on it...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kelli
Chesterfield County
jonesk AT chesterfield DOT gov