ADSM-L

LTO Tape Question

2004-03-10 11:30:25
Subject: LTO Tape Question
From: "Jones, Kelli" <JonesK AT CHESTERFIELD DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:13:41 -0500
TSM 5.1.7.0
AIX 5.0
STK L700 Library
IBM LTO Drives

I have a volume (000005) that is giving me a fit!   Somehow, during library
servicing ( I think), volume was removed from library.  The volume contains a
small amount of data, but contains data none the less.  There are no read or
write errors.  However, when I attempt to check it back in (I have used the
search=bulk command, I have named the volume, etc, etc) it fails with an
ANR8942E.  The message sometimes states: 'Cannot move volume NOT KNOWN from
slot 10 (cap) to clot XXX' - (the slot # varies) but it also sometimes says:
'Cannot move volume 000005 from slot 10 to slot XXX'.   I have run audits and I
have tried labeling it (overwrite=no), I have tried moving the data (which
fails because it needs the volume to be checked in and it can't be checked in!)
 Of course, auditing the volume doesn't work for the same reason.

I am probably missing something very simple I'm sure but I just can't put my
finger on it...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kelli
Chesterfield County
jonesk AT chesterfield DOT gov