ADSM-L

Client backup request form

2004-03-10 11:24:17
Subject: Client backup request form
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:27:07 -0600

We are a pretty small company with ITSM on our MVS mainframe.  Recently we've had a huge increase in servers from all departments in the company.  Up until now the server administrators would just call me or email to create a client node for them a day or two ahead of time.  Schedule details and such get worked out later after I keep bugging them for requirements.  Their preference is; "Keep Everything Forever"! With this system in place I cannot  plan for future resources and I also need to get the users thinking about what they really need to have backed up verses not thinking about it at all.  I am going to put into place a Client Node request form with backup requirements that will have to be filled out first.  I have tried to find a good sample form or template for this backup request but have been unable to do so.  Can anyone lead me into the right direction to find such a sample document?  Looking back in this list just led to old manual's and links that no longer exist.   We've never done chargebacks and probably never will, so I won't be using it for that purpose.

Thanks in advance,
Shannon Bach

Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com