ADSM-L

Shared tape library issue

2004-03-10 02:06:42
Subject: Shared tape library issue
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:05:23 +1000
Hi All

I have two TSM instances running 5.2.2 on the same AIX 5.1 Image in 64 bit.
(recently upgraded from 4.3.2)

There are a couple of shared logical libraries 3590 on 3494 and 3592 on the
same 3494.  QHADSM2 is the library owner and TSMXIBM is the library client.

I've just moved the TSMXIBM's data from 3590 to 3592.  That went fine.

When I finished , I deleted the volumes on  TSMXIBM using delete volume.  Q
libvol on TSMXIBM shows nothing.

However q libvol on QHADSM2 show that the volumes are still owned by TSMXIBM.

upd libvol finishes with an ok indication, but does not change the ownership.
I even checked the volumes out and back in and they still come back with the
wrong ownership.

What can I do to change this?

tsm: QHADSM2>q   libvol atl r00579
q   libvol atl r00579

Library Name  Volume Name  Status      Owner       Last Use   Home     Device
                                                              Element  Type
------------  -----------  ----------  ----------  ---------  -------  ------
ATL           R00579       Private     TSMXIBM

tsm: QHADSM2>upd libvol atl r00579 owner='' status=pri
upd libvol atl r00579 owner='' status=pri
ANR8445I Volume R00579 in library ATL updated.

tsm: QHADSM2>q   libvol atl r00579
q   libvol atl r00579

Library Name  Volume Name  Status      Owner       Last Use   Home     Device
                                                              Element  Type
------------  -----------  ----------  ----------  ---------  -------  ------
ATL           R00579       Private     TSMXIBM

tsm: QHADSM2>upd libvol atl r00579 owner=QHADSM2 status=pri
upd libvol atl r00579 owner=QHADSM2 status=pri
ANS8001I Return code 27.

For this last one the log shows

ANR8969E The owner of volume R00579 can not be updated to ownerQHADSM2.

Nothing else was seen there.

Regards

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health
Brisbane, Australia

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or
lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is
transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this
email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality
if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in
error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return
email.  You should also delete this email and destroy any hard copies produced.