ADSM-L

Re: copystgpools and mount points

2004-03-09 19:45:24
Subject: Re: copystgpools and mount points
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:44:02 -0500

Hello,

You know what,  I went thru this myself  few days ago.  Trying to figure
out why a TDP client was mounting two tapes with setup with a single
channel backup.
1st time  the backup failed because it failed due to mount point.. it was
set to 1.   Increased the mount point to 2  (Maximum Mount Points Allowed)
and the backup completed of course mounted 2 tapes.   Sure enough one was
for onsite pool and other was for offsite pool.

This seems like a cool feature.. but due to limited # of drives decided
against using the feature.  I had.  Ended up updating COPYSTGpools with
blank.
Based on my experience, the answer is yes.  2 or more..

Sung Y. Lee

                      Debbie Lane
                      <Debbie.Lane@INTE        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      RMEC.COM>                cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  copystgpools and mount
points
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/09/2004 07:35
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

If mynode is backing up to onsite-tape-pool which has
COPYSTGpools=offsite-tape-pool
COPYContinue=yes
Then 2 tapes are mounted during mynode backup, one for backup and one for
copy.  Does this mean, I used 2 mount points for mynode?  So mynode
definition should have maximum mount points allowed=2 (or more)?

Thanks,  Deb

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image