ADSM-L

Re: Windows XP, ASR, and ANS1468E

2004-03-09 10:04:31
Subject: Re: Windows XP, ASR, and ANS1468E
From: Matt Zufelt <mzufelt AT SUU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:03:59 -0700
Thank you to those that provided suggestions yesterday.  I added exclude lines
to my DSM.OPT file to take care of all the files that are in use.  That cleaned
up those error messages, but did not help with the ASR error.  I'm still
getting the ANS1468E when my client attempts to backup the automated system
recovery files.  Below is a copy of the entire dsmerror.log file from last
night:

03/09/2004 00:08:33 ANS1228E Sending of object 'C:' failed
03/09/2004 00:08:33 ANS1468E Backing up Automated System Recovery (ASR) files
failed.  No files will be backed up.

03/09/2004 00:14:04 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'BACKUP' failed.  Return code = 12.

As mentioned previously, I cannot do an ASR backup manually either (via backup
asr at the DSMC command line).  At this point I don't know what else to do but
remove SYSTEMOBJECT from my backup list.  Don't really want to do that for all
the obvious reasons, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if that was the
only solution.  If this client were to ever die, I would probably prefer to do
a ground-up rebuild anyway, rather than an ASR restore.

Thanks again for the help!

Matt Zufelt
Southern Utah University

>>> Jackie.DeJoe AT SLBG DOT COM 3/8/2004 1:14:28 PM >>>
If you use an exclude/include list, and record these files in the list, then
you will no longer recieve the error=12.  I put a corrupted exclude.list.opt
file in the directory and received the same error.  When I replaced the file
and stopped/started the scheduler service, then the error no longer
happened.

I use a file named: exclude.list.opt ( I only run archives, so I have to
define archive.)
A typical entry in the file:
                                exclude.archive "c:\pagefile.sys"
In the option file I have the following entry:
                                INCLEXCL "C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\Baclient\exclude.list.opt"

good luck!
Jackie