ADSM-L

Great difference in Tape usage between Netware and Windows!?

2004-03-03 10:00:45
Subject: Great difference in Tape usage between Netware and Windows!?
From: anton walde <nummer5lebt AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:59:51 +0100
Hello.

I have a question concerning tape usage:

we have two sites, one using Windows and one using Netware. we make the same
at both sites, incremental forever, no special taks like archive or
aomething like that.

Now we see the following:

while the Netware-site is using the LTO1-Tapes with 180-300 GB per tape, the
windows-site is using the same tapes with 120-140 GB par tape.

>From where does this great difference come from? Is compression a part of
the problem? or is it a problem of what tsm tells and what really is?

Please help me, my bos is going to kill me, because we need tapes and tapes
for 'no data' while for the big amounts we need none!!!

--
+++ NEU bei GMX und erstmalig in Deutschland: T\V-gepr|fter Virenschutz +++