ADSM-L

Virtual volume performance

2004-03-02 10:28:53
Subject: Virtual volume performance
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT CGI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:25:48 -0500
Hi all

TSM 5.1.6.4 on aix 5.1

I have two TSM instances on this server (one big (60 gb db) and one very
small (2 gb db)). I have set up virtual volumes to go from the small
instance to the big one. Performance is terrible, about 64 kb a second. I'v
tried going through 127.0.0.1 and through the ip address and it's the same.
I have tested a backup db and migration from disk pool.

Can I get this to work faster. I have 9840 drives and they can go up to 9.3
MB/sec when migrating.

Thanks for any help

Guillaume Gilbert
Backup Administrator