ADSM-L

Special Notice: Leap Year issue for the 'date' command in AIX 5.2 (fwd)

2004-02-28 16:25:00
Subject: Special Notice: Leap Year issue for the 'date' command in AIX 5.2 (fwd)
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:24:30 -0600
Happy Sadie Hawkins Day! Many of us run our TSM systems on IBM AIX, so
heed the following warning from IBM concerning the date command. This is
only an issue Sunday, February 29, Leap Year Day. After that we can
safely ignore this issue for four more years. Or apply the patch.

= All of our systems will be fully Year 2000 Compliant by Jan 1, 1900. =