ADSM-L

TDP SQL backup hanging issues

2004-02-25 13:46:03
Subject: TDP SQL backup hanging issues
From: Kevin Lipscomb <klipscom AT DANRIVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:29:46 -0500
I am having a very difficult time with a clustered node SQL instance. 9
times out of 10 when you run the backup either through a script or the gui
the backup just hangs. If you look at the sessions within TSM it shows it
has stopped at a particular size, and almost invariably when it hangs, it
hangs at this particular number. However, when it does work, it finishes
very quickly.
I have set the clusternode to yes and no, with no effect, I have disabled
all of the include/excludes and I have even changed the node name so both
of the nodes will log on the same way.
The logs do not show any type of clear cut problem.
I am still fairly new to the TSM game, as it is not my main job function.
Thanks,
Kevin M. Lipscomb
Dan River Inc.
Systems Engineering