ADSM-L

Getting to 5221 requires installing 5220 first.

2004-02-25 12:19:56
Subject: Getting to 5221 requires installing 5220 first.
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:19:24 -0500
Hello,

I have a sun server at 5202.  I tried to install 5221, but the install script
said I had
to accept the license in 5220.  So it appears that unlike most other upgrades
where I can jump from almost any older version to the latest version, you can't
do this
for 5221 and later.  You must go to 5220 first.  I think this has something to
do with
the new data retention variant of tsm.

When I stopped complaining and did what the 5221 install said, that is install
5220,
I could then remove 5220 and install 5221.

I can't see anything in the install readme about this.  Here is the 5221
readme, it says I
can install it over 5200.

Tivoli Storage Manager/Sun Server
Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2002. All rights reserved.

Service Level
This is a pkgadd installable PATCH level that will install as
level 5.2.2.1 for packages:
 TIVsmS (base server package)
 TIVsmSdev (TSM device drivers)
The tar file TSMSRV5221_SUN.tar.Z contains:
     TSMSRV5221_SUN.README.INSTALL   This file
     TSMSRV5221_SUN.README           The Server README
     TSMSRV5221_SUN.README.DEV       The TSM Device Driver README
     TIVsmS/                         Server package
     TIVsmSdev/                      TSM device drivers
| This is a service LEVEL can be installed over the following versions:   |
| 5.2.0.0+.                                                               |

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge Ma.