ADSM-L

Re: Reclaiming Low Utilization "Offsite" Copypool Volumes

2004-02-24 18:01:32
Subject: Re: Reclaiming Low Utilization "Offsite" Copypool Volumes
From: Mike Bantz <mbantz AT RSINC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:01:06 -0700
Issue the following:

update stg copypool reclaim=60
              ^              ^
          name of pool      percentage

The above will reclaim any tape with a free space percentage of 60%, meaning
two 40% utilized tapes would be moved to one 80% utilized tape, with room
left over for some overhead.

Having your reclaimation set to 100% effectively means that reclamation will
never occur until you have a tape that's 100% free.

Check them into the library with a few scratch tapes if you have two drives
and set the reclamation to something like 60%. Though it might more than a
couple of hours depending on how many tapes you have to swap in and out of
the library.

Mike Bantz
Systems Administrator
Research Systems, Inc - A Kodak Company