ADSM-L

Reclaiming Low Utilization "Offsite" Copypool Volumes

2004-02-24 17:32:26
Subject: Reclaiming Low Utilization "Offsite" Copypool Volumes
From: Dwight McCann <dwight AT TRIXIE.ISC.UCSB DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:32:08 -0800
I have an automated library in which I have a copypool into which I do a
'BACKUP STGP ...' and then move the volumes 'offsite' ... into my office
in another building.  New volumes are taken from the scratch pool.  I
have the reclamation threshold set to 100.  Some of these volumes are
getting very sparsely filled ... well under 10 percent and I would like
to reclaim them.  What's a good way to do this?  Put the low utilization
volumes back into the library and simply reset the reclamation percent
to include them? I'm willing to risk the couple of hours this might
take. TIA,

--
Dwight McCann
Computer and Network Technologist, UCSB Info Systems & Computing