ADSM-L

Re: Restore Question

2004-02-24 13:53:12
Subject: Re: Restore Question
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:52:47 -0500
ummm Replace only if newer?
Isn't that an option on the restore?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nicholson [mailto:David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 12:49 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Restore Question

Hi All,

        Have a situation where a virus has deleted several files from our
Novell file servers. I want to restore to last nights backups, but I do
not want to regress changes that have been made to files that are still on
the file servers.  The short of it is I only want to restore files that
have been DELETED since the last backup. If the file exists and has been
changed...I DO NOT want to restore it..

any ideas?

Thanks is advance...

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error,
please delete this material immediately.