ADSM-L

Re: Copy Storage Pool Question

2004-02-23 12:46:37
Subject: Re: Copy Storage Pool Question
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:45:26 -0500
If I use the move "nodedata>" command to move the primary copy
>to the new storage pool and then back it up to the different copy
>storage pool will the copy in the original copy storage pool be
>automatically discarded? If not what is the best way to do this?

No, it will not automatically discard the old copy pool data.

The best way, and it's not a particularly good way, is to 'dev vol
xxxxxx discarddata=yes' for the volumes in the old storage pool that had
that node's data and then do a 'backup stg old_primary old_copy' to
re-backup any other node data that was on the deleted tapes.