ADSM-L

Re: Dsmfmt on cx600 any thoughts?

2004-02-20 23:18:00
Subject: Re: Dsmfmt on cx600 any thoughts?
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:17:01 +1100
On Friday, Feb 20, 2004, at 09:16 Australia/Sydney, Justin Bleistein
wrote:

according to the aix tsm server performance manual it states that it
rlv's
may buy you performance in client backup and restore operations but
not in
server data movement operations such as migration.

OK, I haven't touched TSM on AIX for 4 or so years, but when I migrated
our two Sun TSM servers from ufs to raw VxVM volumes, I didn't notice
any degradation in any aspect of TSM operations. I'm somewhat surprised
that there would be a degradation of performance for operations like
migrations using raw LVs on AIX...

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke