ADSM-L

Re: Vendor request for a backup tape

2004-02-20 11:34:22
Subject: Re: Vendor request for a backup tape
From: Kolbeinn Josepsson <Kolbeinn.Josepsson AT NYHERJI DOT IS>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:33:38 +0000
Hi Bruce,

Actually, you can export/import tapes between TSM servers.

You can use EXPORT NODE on your server and IMPORT NODE on the other.

The cons. are it is not possible to export single file (SQL database). If
this is active version of the SQL DB, you can limit the export with
parameter FILEDATA=ALLACTIVE.

Search the Admin Guide for EXPORT NODE / IMPORT NODE for better
understanding on this matter.

Best regards,
Kolbeinn Josepsson  · Systems Engineer
Tivoli Certified Consultant - IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V5.1
IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Storage Resource Manager
V1.2
Tel: +354 569-7700 · Fax: +354 569-7799
www.nyherji.is

Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
20.02.2004 15:11
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Vendor request for a backup tape

Bruce,

You cannot import a TSM tape on another TSM server. So they cannot read
the tape.

best regards,
Kurt

: Kamp, Bruce [mailto:bkamp AT MHS DOT NET]
>Verzonden
: vrijdag
, februari
 20, 2004 03:03 PM