ADSM-L

Re: TSM OPERATIONAL REPORTING

2004-02-19 09:04:09
Subject: Re: TSM OPERATIONAL REPORTING
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:02:03 -0500
You may not want to bother.  Looking at the docs under the latest
directory, it appears as though the  TSM operational reporting tool is
not self-contained. As in the previous tools offered, it requires
another non-TSM Tivoli product to work. I may be wrong. Can someone
clarify?

Installation and configuration
The following section goes through installation and configuration of
the logfile adapter and configuration of TEC.  To configure TEC
alerting, the Tivoli Logfile adapter for Windows 2000 must be installed
on the Windows Server where Operational Reporting is installed.  This is
not supplied with TSM and can be found on the TEC installation CDs.
This should be installed as per the Tivoli installation instructions for
a Tivoli managed host (if a Tivoli end-point is installed) or a non-TME
managed host.  The instructions included here assume that the Windows
Server running Operational Reporting does not have a Tivoli End-Point
installed.  The sample files supplied are for the TEC 3.8 version of the
logfile adapter and assume a TEC 3.8 console.

>>> goran.k AT VIP DOT HR 2/19/2004 8:51:11 AM >>>
thanks, i know that but someone has said that it comes with TSM 5.2
where ? on CD's ?

g.