ADSM-L

Re: Can you extend the retention period of a database backup using TD P for SQL Server?

2004-02-17 20:50:20
Subject: Re: Can you extend the retention period of a database backup using TD P for SQL Server?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:49:43 -0500
Gavin,

You cannot extend the retention period of a single backup
but leave all of the others as they were.
Think of a DP for SQL backup being like a file backup.
The same management class settings apply to all
versions of a particular file.

You can change the retention period of ALL of the current
backups by changing the management class settings
or by binding the backups to a new management class
by using the INCLUDE statement and running a new backup.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/17/2004
06:04:01 PM: