ADSM-L

Re: data move question

2004-02-14 18:35:49
Subject: Re: data move question
From: "Hooft, Jeroen" <Jeroen.Hooft AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:25:23 +0100
If you don't have a copypool and you have enough space on a diskpool,
you can bring the problematic drive offline and move the data to the
diskpool.

If you lack the diskspace you can define an extra device-class and
library for the same physical library. Add the problematic drive to the
new library, define a primary tape-storagepool on the new device-class
and then issue the "move data ITG017L2 stg=NEW_STG".

Jeroen