ADSM-L

Re: 9940B drive performance question

2004-02-13 15:24:35
Subject: Re: 9940B drive performance question
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:24:08 -0600
        From: TSM_User [mailto:tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM]
        I was wondering if anyone might share what speeds they are seeing in
MB/s or GB/hr for large file backups directly to tape and tape to tape
transfers of large files?  We are hoping to see 85 - 90 GB/hr or better when
backing up uncompressed large 100GB database files..

        IIRC, the theoretical maximum throughput of a 9940B drive is 15MB/sec
uncompressed, which is 54GB/hr. I wouldn't hold my breath...