ADSM-L

Re: TDP SQL sessions wants to write to same tape...

2004-02-13 07:32:24
Subject: Re: TDP SQL sessions wants to write to same tape...
From: goran <goran.k AT VIP DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:31:49 +0100
thank you

----- Original Message -----
From: "Del Hoobler" <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 1:00 PM

Niklas,

Goran is correct. You need to make sure that MAXNUMMP for the
NODENAME you are using for your SQL backups is set to at least
to the number of stripes you are using. Also, turning on
collocation by filespace will ensure that data for different stripes
remains on different tapes so that the restores will also be able to
read from separate tapes at the same time.

>From Chapter 3 of the User's Guide:

- The maxnummp parameter for register or update node must be at least the
  maximum number of stripes to be used for backup or restore when
removable
  media such as tapes are used or if migration occurs during the backup or
restore
  operation. The default value is 1. This value is the maximum number of
mount
  points a node can have at one time. If other backups or restores may
occur at
  the same time, the value of this parameter must be large enough to allow
for all
  of the needed mount points.

- The collocate parameter for define stgpool should be set to "filespace"
to ensure
  that individual data stripes stay on separate removable volumes. The
default
  value is no. Not doing so may require move operations to make the data
for
  each stripe of a restore simultaneously accessible.

There is also a nice IBM KB article (1145253) describing more details. Go
here:
   www.ibm.com

Search for this (include the double quotes in the search window):
   "DP for SQL : Data Striping"

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/13/2004
04:04:00 AM: