ADSM-L

TDP SQL sessions wants to write to same tape...

2004-02-13 04:04:43
Subject: TDP SQL sessions wants to write to same tape...
From: Niklas Lundstrom <niklas.lundstrom AT FORENINGSSPARBANKEN DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:04:00 +0100
Hello

I've been running a backup of a SQL server db but I took too long so I
increased the stripe-parameter to 2 so it would utilize 2 sessions and 2 tape
drives for the backup. However when the backup starts both sessions wants to
write to the same volume, leaving one of the session in a media-wait state for
the whole backup and the backup fails after 12h.

12,064 BPX-T- RecvW    0 S   20.5 K  62.6 G Node  TDP MSS- ROBUR22_SQL
        cp/Ip                                      QL
12,066 BPX-T- MediaW 13.0 H   5.2 K   2.5 M Node  TDP MSS- ROBUR22_SQL
        cp/Ip                                      QL

What can I do to fix this???

Regards
Niklas Lundström
Swedbank