ADSM-L

Re: Migration of TSM server from OS390 or Z-OS to a UNIX or Windows platform

2004-02-12 17:44:43
Subject: Re: Migration of TSM server from OS390 or Z-OS to a UNIX or Windows platform
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:44:09 -0500
Ryan,

IBM does have incremental server to server export at the 5202 server level.  It
came in
below that but I am not sure where.  Of course you can only use it after you
have exported the
current 270T, which is a long time from now.

Just because you do backups to a new server, you don't have to lose access to
the
backups/archives on the old server.  Each client can make stanzas or shortcuts
that
override the default serveraddress and/or port number.

The TDP products may be more difficult to do than plain UNIX or windows clients.

After the retextra & retonly times
have passed, you can delete the backups from the old server.  You then need to
export the
archives.

Good luck,

Bill