ADSM-L

Recovery Problem

2004-02-12 10:00:11
Subject: Recovery Problem
From: Peter Daransky <Peter.Daransky AT AMBOS DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:58:26 +0100
Hi,
i've a problem with recovery from TSM ... I've a customer witch want
restore old data from TSM, throught TSM Client GUI can i see the data and
select witch one want i restore ... that's ok.
After than as i say ok ... nothing's happen, simple no data has been
recovered!
If i look in QUERY ACTLOG i don't see any error, but was worst i dont see
any another message too ... ? If i look on the dataspaces from this node i
see something another as i want! This means that the maschine from wich
are this data was replaced with another machine ... the old Server has had
3 partitions and these new has only 2 but a name is same. So and my
problem is that i don't see this 3 partition (dataspace \\server\E$)
...where are of course the data ?

Has somebody some idea or is sameone who could say me if i have another
chance to recover this data ... or what's happen ?!

Regards

Peter Daransky
AMBOS EDV-Beratungs GesmbH
Dauphinestr. 44