ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade TSM Server from 4.2.3.2 to 5.2.2

2004-02-12 09:46:26
Subject: Re: Upgrade TSM Server from 4.2.3.2 to 5.2.2
From: rh <rh_info_store AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:45:43 -0800
Mike,
We are in the process of upgrading from TSM 4.2.2 on
AIX 4.3 to TSM 5.2 on AIX 5.1. The path we are
following is similiar to what Paul outlines.I also
recommend the opsys upgrade take place before the TSM
upgrade. We plan to finish the jump to 5.2.2 this
weekend.

First we upgraded to AIX 5.1 64bit and reinstalled the
TSM 4.2.2 filesets . We then serviced TSM to 4.2.4 to
get the cleanup backupgroups function (I think you
need at least 4.2.3). This worked fine except for a
licensing compliance issue which I'm not certain I
understand. It was resolved by restoring the previous
nodelock file. We are up and running on 4.2.4 with AIX
5.1 64bit.

I have already run the cleanup backupgroups in
preparation for the weekend upgrade. This weekend we
will migrate TSM 4.2.4 to 5.2.2 by installing the base
5.2.0 then the maintenance. I'll let you know how long
the upgradedb goes and whether I encounter any issues.

Rod Hroblak
ADP

psz1 AT cornell DOT edu