ADSM-L

URGENT! Linux and the 3584

2004-02-11 18:04:23
Subject: URGENT! Linux and the 3584
From: Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTNGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:03:12 +0100
Hi All,

I've got a Linux server running RH EL 3.0 and a 3584 with 2 FC connected
drives on a QLogic 2340.

Now I have the strange problem that I can operate the library with
IBMtapeutil with no problem, but when I want to install the TSM Device
Drivers they keep asking about /proc/scsi/lb and /proc/scsi/mt and I don't
have those entries.

Some extra info:

- Linux kernel 2.4.21-4.0.1.EL
- TSM 5.2.2.1
- IBM Tape driver 1.4.9 (suitable for kernel 2.4.21-4.0.1.EL)
- QLogic driver for Linux 6.06.60 (I've got 6.06.10 also available)
- QLogic BIOS 3.15
- Tape drives and library are at the latest FW

Questions:

- Has anyone got this kind of (similar) combination working?
- If it should work (like all the README's tell me it should) what am I
missing or doing wrong?
- Should I go back to RH EL 2.1 and which version (WS, ES or AS) should I
use?

Kind regards,

Richard.