ADSM-L

ans1026 - communications protocol error

2004-02-11 09:35:59
Subject: ans1026 - communications protocol error
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:34:57 -0500
I'm getting this error when trying to access my server, which is running
5.1.7.3 on z/OS 1.4. while using the 3.1 GUI interface. I use this thing
extensively every day, and have for at least the last three years. We've
been on this server level for a couple of months. The
saclient\dsmerror.log also shows a ans1078 and a RC=136 on a logon
retry.  I've read Richard's entries in his Quick Facts page, which point
to some kind of NIC/switch issue but campus networking swears nothing
has changed in our environment.

This just started this morning, and I've restarted both the server and
my workstation to no avail. Anyone have any insights?

In the meantime I'll use the web, but I sure do like my GUI!!!!!

thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems