ADSM-L

Re: TDPO configuration file locations

2004-02-10 12:58:21
Subject: Re: TDPO configuration file locations
From: "Harris, Jason (DIS)" <JasonH AT DIS.WA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:57:47 -0800
Thank you Joseph,

While I only have one instance per machine for these particular customers, I
do have some others' that have 3-4 instances per machine that would like
Rman backups.   Changing the filespace name to a sid is very good
suggestion.

I originally moved the tdpo and dsm files because they were linked and I
didn't want them confused with the BA client's files.  I will break the link
and put them back in thier place so I can give this a try.

I have already made the oracle rman node their own separate policy and set
the mgmt class to 1-0-0-0.   Different instances have different retention
policies (within Oracle).  Each night I run backup, the backup script sets
these retention periods, then does crosschecks, and then deletes the expired
sets.

Thank you again for your help.