ADSM-L

3584 IBM LTO2 config with TSM

2004-02-10 09:58:27
Subject: 3584 IBM LTO2 config with TSM
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:57:53 -0500
Experts,

I'm getting soon this libr with 8 fibre LTO2 drives. IBM says that from
patch panel, back of libr, to SAN switches will be 1 to 1 ratio as far
as fibre connection. Meaning I will need 8 ports on SAN switch for this
drives. Fine, I can give 4 on one of redundant switch and 4 to another
one. Now, 2 TSM servers have to be zoned with these drives and also, any
host with LAN-free has be in the same zone in order to see all available
drives.

Still I'm not convinced about this config, thinking there must be a
better way to do this. For example, cascading to a managed hub then
connect to LTO drives.

Anyone working with multipath failover config?

Thanks again for your expertise !!

Jin Bae Chi (Gus)
System Admin/Tivoli
Data Center, CSCC